Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Singapore MRT Trains: a very special place for Singaporeans


If there is a place where Singaporeans do not want to be young in Singapore, it would have to be in the Singapore Mass Rapid Transit (SMRT) trains.


Why is that so? Well these days, the trains are so packed that getting into them proves to be a challenge, any hour of the day.

I still recall that I could easily find a seat on the MRT train on weekdays but not so on these days.

Priority seats are seats in the MRT trains which are supposed to be reserved for the elderly, the pregnant women and people with special needs, however these are always been misused by ordinary passengers.
It is only once in a blue moon that I witness passengers hogging these seats give them up to the elderly standing in front of them.

If you are an elderly who is refused a priority seat, your only consolation is that these “hoggers” do not find you old or elderly!

Being a regular commuter of the train, sometimes I witness very interesting encounters, others I experience personally. I still recall once a China man came asking all the passengers whether they have a $2 note in China-accent mandarin. I told him that yes I have one but it was at home.

No comments :

Total Pageviews